Insight Prediction Terms and Conditions
Insight Prediction is an information markets platform developed by academics. Information markets provide insight into the world by aggregating information through the market mechanism. Insight Prediction is not a financial institution and does not provide financial or investment advice of any kind.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site or interacting with the Insight Prediction platform in any form. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. If you accept this agreement, you represent that you have capacity to be bound by it or if you are an individual accessing or using the Service on behalf of, or for the benefit of, any other person then you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of such other person, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to bind such person to these Terms.
While you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site, by accepting the terms you agree not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms:
- You agree that you are over 18 years old or the age of majority as determined by laws which are applicable to you, whichever age is greater.
- You agree to not use our services while located in any jurisdiction that prohibits the use of bitcoin and other any other crypto currency utilized by Insight Prediction.
- You agree to not use our platform to violate any law, regulation, or governmental policy of the locality from which you operate in.
- You agree to not use our platform to violate intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Insight Prediction).
- You agree to not act in a harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, or otherwise objectionable manner.
- You agree to not jeopardize the security of your account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log into the Service as you).
- You agree to not violate security of any computer network or crack any password or security encryption code.
- You agree to not impersonate another individual, entity, Insight Prediction agent, or other Insight Prediction user.
- You agree to not copy or store any Insight Prediction code or significant portion of our content.
- You agree to not to interfere with, damage, or disrupt or otherwise interfere with any aspects of the Insight Prediction platform in any way.
- You agree to abide by the restriction of one account per person. (Exceptions may be granted with permission on a case-by-case basis.)
- In practice, Insight Prediction takes extreme cautions around cybersecurity. Yet, the reality is that no system can be 100% safe. You agree to accept any risk associated with the hacking or theft of funds or data from Insight Prediction.
- You agree not to try to use Insight Prediction to launder money for criminal activity. Repeatedly depositing and withdrawing crypto without warning us about your intentions can result in your account being blocked or additional fees.
- We do not allow accounts from corporate clients or residents of Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinaea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Libya, the Marshall Islands, North Korea, the Russian Federation, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Crimea and Sevastopol, Yemen, Zimbabwe, nor do we currently allow trading from within the United States.
- You agree to accept the decisions made to resolve markets as final, and you agree to waive your right to sue over how market resolution decisions are made, or to file any whistleblower related claim to any government agency. That said, we will do our best to resolve markets as fairly as possible, and to write our markets in such a way to minimize ambiguity. Nevertheless, all eventualities can not be imagined in advance, and so controversies over rules for specific markets will occur. We merely resolve to handle such situations as fairly and consistently as possible, and will seek out trusted users to advise on such matters.
- You agree that for sports markets, we can return bets for matches where the odds were accidentally posted by our bot after a match began, or where our bot posted incorrect odds. Also, in markets with the "Bet Locks" feature triggered by some event, that bets can be returned after an event has happened.
In no event whatsoever shall Insight Prediction be liable for any damages (including, but not limited to; damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use Insight Prediction’s website.
Purchases and Payment Methods
Insight Prediction utilizes crypto currencies for payment which are highly volatile due to many factors including but not limited to adoption, speculation, technology and security risks. You also acknowledge that the cost of transacting on such technologies is variable and may increase at any time causing impact to any activities taking place on blockchain. You acknowledge these risks and represent that Insight Prediction cannot be held liable for such fluctuations or increased costs.
Limits and Restrictions
You agree that you will not create more than one account for the purposes of circumventing our policies, rules, limits and/or restrictions. You agree that only one account per household or IP address will ever be used. You agree that you are not part of a betting syndicate whereby multiple users place bets in an attempt to circumvent our policies, rules, limits and/or restrictions. We reserve the right to cancel a bet or declare a bet as void if we believe, at our sole discretion, the bet was made in an attempt to violate any of our policies, rules, limits and/or restrictions as mentioned herein.
Voided or Cancelled Orders
Insight Prediction may cancel or void orders which it believes have been:
- Accepted in error
- Accepted after an event has started
- Accepted at obviously incorrect odds
- Made in an attempt to circumvent our order limits
- Involved in syndicate betting
- The result has been influenced by criminal or illegal actions
Full AML Policy is linked here.
Insight Prediction has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Insight Prediction of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
All Terms and Conditions are subject to changes and revisions by Insight Prediction without prior written notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.